Santa’s Little Buddy is a unique pack designed to explore magical play. It includes a daily journal for the month of December, a christmas story, a magic poem with stickers and a step by step guide written by Joanna Fortune (Director, Solamh Parent-Child Relationship Clinic) on how to use the pack. Why is magical play so important for children? Using imagination enables children to develop on their impulse controls, reasoning skills, patience and the importance of emotional self regulation. With the help of Santa’s Little Buddy, parents can utilise the magic of Christmas to invest in their child’s development of these life skills and at the same time reinforce and encourage good behaviour.
How do I use the pack? There are 5 easy steps:
- Buy the pack and tell the story.
- Help your child select the right teddy for the job.
- Whisper the magic poem in teddy’s ear to bring teddy to life for the month of December.
- Put up the wall planner and complete the journal every day.
- Wake up each morning to see what teddy has been up to under the influence of giggle magic.